The options for building an online or E-commerce store seem to grow more plentiful by the year. You have your SAAS (software as a service) platforms like Shopify and Big Commerce, just as powerful WordPress ecommerce plugins. Both without a doubt provide advantages, but there’s nothing quite like to able to turn your current WordPress website into a fully functional online store according to me. You can numerous things with your website if you wish too. One fine day you could start blogging for fellowship and the next day, you can launch a product gallery with eBooks and merchandise.
Selling your own product is truly one of the happiest feeling for a business aspirant after putting some hard word in the business. You can easily make money online, and it can be achieved by using WordPress.
Now let us dive into the world of E-commerce and see best choices in 2020 for the best Online experience.
- BigCommerce: The new big thing in E-Commerce
One of the biggest attractions of their hosted platform is that you can quickly make a website with more build – in functionality, than any other platform. Big Commerce also have the fastest site speed among all the platforms too. This other mind boggling features include best in class SEO and URL structures and security, API calls, and payment gateway features build top scale.
The company is famous for its ability to smoothly and efficiently handle transactions too.
The only drawback of this wonderful platform is the content optimization. This means that you won’t be able to add your own blogs in the E-commerce website. It was never great in it, but you should remember that it’s not the great feature of all SAAS platform for E-commerce purpose . They all struggle with this issue.
The Big commerce – The Big WooCommerce alternative
At the end of the of the day, both WooCommerce and BigCommerce are great ways to build your E-Commerce, but there is still one major difference. BigCommerce is an ecommerce website builder and other hand, Woo Commerce is an open source WordPress plugin to change your existing WordPress website, which gives it an ability to sell online. In more simpler word, Big commerce are meant for owners who want to build mega online store, and WooCommerce is there to give your own WordPress website an ability to sell (Used to make changes to already present WordPress site and not build one from the scratch.
- Woo commerce
If you are considering launching an online store, you will be presented with many software options for building out your storefront. These choices, will initially feel like a quest, can instantly feel overwhelming due to the multiple of ecommerce option available.
Today, I would like to talk about one very popular solution and present an overview of what and why you might want to consider it for creating an ecommerce website.
So what is Woo commerce really?
Woo commerce is a free plugin, or functional extension. It has been downloaded over lakhs times and operates over almost 40% of all online stores. When installed into WordPress, Woo commerce can help to create an online store on the existing wordpress theme.
Woocommerce adds in basic product management, order processing and shopping cart functionality. It create a basic online store which can sell variety of products and services that include physical goods, digital goods, affiliate transactions and online memberships like of a club, gym, NGO etc. The core software can manage essential ecommerce features like international customers, inventory management, sales tax management, shipping cost calculators etc.
Woocommerce Advantages and Disadvantages
Just like any other software, Woocommerce has a variety of pluses and minuses when working with it. The things vary by individual, but they should be considered prior selecting Woocommerce as your E commerce solution.
- The core Woocommerce plugin is open source and free.
- The plugin is easy to install into WordPress.
- There are lots of WordPress themes available for building out the storefront. These can come from Woo Themes directly or from hundreds of independent theme developers.
- There are over 300 extensions available for making the base functionality more robust.
- Woocommerce has over 1200:5 stars ratings and reviews on the internet.
- The plugin is frequently updated for new features and functions.
- There are various WordPress developers available to assistance.
- Virtually every storefront will require an extension and these plugins cost money and an annual license purchase.
- It really time consuming. There are a lot of usage considerations, settings and functionality decisions required for managing buyers need to make sure purchase templates from trustworthy theme developers.
- Big Commerce is a bit hefty competitor for Woo Commerce and have various advantages
- Software updates can be major endeavor, which can sometime require a developer to assist in execution, testing and troubleshooting.
Conclusion: Big Commerce vs Woo Commerce
According to me, the selection of Big Commerce and Woocommerce really defend upon you. If you are to launch your launch your own E-commerce full- fledged business, then Big Commerce might be the right choice for you. On the other hand, if you beginner developer, digital marketer or want to try out product selling and see how online business works, then, Woocommerce is great. Enjoy different themes from theme forest associated with Woocommerce 1 and also its very own Woo Themes to add artistry to your website. Also don’t forget to contact us for purchasing themes for a start at discounted rate. We are Rohido Media – “The destination where businesses begins“.